All submitters will hear back about the status of their submission by September 29th, 2017
General Submission Guidelines
- For anthologies, please submit only unpublished work.
- We insist on PDF files.
- Please include only ONE piece per submission file (chapbooks excepted).
- Be sure that your Submittable profile includes your full name, address and telephone information, or include these items in the submission page's Message section.
- Biographical information is welcome.
- We will read a maximum of 3 submissions per author.
We seek compelling short works for our third microtext anthology. We are looking for flash fiction (any genre) and brief creative nonfiction. NOTE: Poetry submissions are closed. This work will be produced as a limited edition miniature book. Our word limit is 750 words.
There is no theme for this anthology, and all genres and approaches are welcome. We agree with microfiction writer Joseph Young when he describes microfiction as work that “need[s] to use language, description, dialogue, character to tell a story that can’t be told any other way. It’s not just compression, and it’s not just leaving things out, background info on characters or such. Microfiction needs to carve out whole worlds in a space small enough to fit the eye. You look, just once, and there the whole story is, on the page.” This description applies to the kind of writing we'd like to publish, whether it be fiction, nonfiction or poetry.